Chateau Haut Brion elite living africaChateau Haut-Brion. Château Laville Haut-Brion is the combination of the names of two separate domains − the Clos Laville of Léopold Bibonne and the Château La Mission Haut-Brion

The two domains merged in 1931, following the acquisition of the Clos by the owner of La Mission, Frédéric Woltner. During this time Clos Laville, representing 2.5 hectares, was producing a white wine that was awarded the ‘Premier Cru’ classification - a label only given to wines of a superior grade or to the vineyard that produces it. Mr Woltner harvested four vintages of Château La Mission Haut-Brion Blanc between 1927 and 1930. As a result of two regions coming together, a wine was created, first commercialised under the name of “Chateau Laville Terroir du Haut-Brion”, until 1934 when it became known as Château Laville Haut-Brion. Domaine Clarence Dillon went on to buy Château Laville Haut-Brion together with Château La Mission Haut-Brion in 1983. Renewing with the feminine tradition which came to exist at the start of the seventeenth century by Marie Laville, Madame la Duchesse de Mouchy, granddaughter of Clarence Dillon, who managed the vineyard until the end of July in 2008. Her son HRH Prince Robert of Luxembourg a member of the management team of the Domaine since 1997, succeeded her and was appointed president of the company.

The rest of the article can be read on page 61 of Elite Living Africa Issue 3:

http://www.elitelivingafrica.com/current-issue